L’Aventure du Sucre, the island’s cultural venue
18 Sep 20
The museum of L’Aventure du Sucre keeps on reinventing itself even though it is closed since the lockdown. Through discoveries and culture, it makes us plunge back into the history of Mauritius and offers delightful experiences to be shared with family, friends or colleagues… Let’s explore.
A positive attitude keeps the team of L’Aventure du Sucre going. Since the end of the lockdown, and although the borders of our country remain closed to this day, the museum has been constantly innovating in order to be ready to welcome visitors again, while in the meantime offering a rich cultural program to Mauritians and residents.
A busy cultural agenda!
Between themed evenings, gourmet events and key dates on the calendar, L’Aventure du Sucre has been THE place to be these last few weeks!
- On August 7, the restaurant Le Fangourin hosted a Ciné-Dîner evening in partnership with L’Institut Français de Maurice. The free screening of the movie “Alice et le Maire” was a big hit: the restaurant was fully booked! This will certainly pave the way for a second event of the same kind.
- On August 29, it was the annual Rewind party which drew the crowds. For its big comeback, this event dedicated to the fans of the 80s and 90s gathered nearly 1,500 people all night long!
- On September 4, a special evening was organized: in collaboration with La Isla Social Club and Attitude Hotels, the museum hosted its very first concert within its walls! Dreamers took full advantage of the industrial and majestic decor of the museum to make the 700 people present dance to the sound of Black Soul Fever, AnneGa or Babani Soundsystem.
- On September 24, 20/Vin hosted an event at L’Aventure du Sucre in honour of the South African Heritage Day. A wonderful opportunity to undertake a gastronomic journey.
- On October 31, the site will host the Desi Night – Halloween Edition event starting at 8pm. A wild evening to the rhythm of Bollywood and Western music awaits you. Presenters from Wazaa FM will ensure the animation, the games and offer nice surprises. Tickets will be on sale soon, stay tuned!
L’Aventure du Sucre will not be stopping there and is already planning two must-see events in the coming weeks:
- On October 10, the Gourmet Experience edition #19 will be held for the first time at L’Aventure du Sucre. This festive family-friendly event will make you discover the thousand and one flavours of our island and elsewhere!
- On November 7, it will be the turn of the Kaz’Out festival to draw people. This 100% local edition promises to make us rediscover our best talents in a vibrant atmosphere!
Innovation is on the agenda
The closing of the museum is also an opportunity to review its offer to make it more accessible to all.
Thus, L’Aventure du Sucre invites you to embark on a gourmet adventure in the world of sugarcane, through its free mobile application. From your couch, explore the history of Mauritius as you’ve never experienced it before! The application is now available in seven languages.
“Innovation” does not necessarily mean “technology” but rather rethinking our habits to improve them! With that idea in mind, the museum has come up with a new team building offer combining culture and entertainment to (re)discover our island’s heritage. The ludic workshops focus on gastronomy, environmental awareness and the experience of cane cutting. There is nothing like collaborating with one’s teams on new tasks to strengthen ties!
Cultural events on social networks
Although the museum is closed, L’Aventure du Sucre continues to promote its cultural offer on social media through two weekly events. First the #mardiculture, which recounts the museum’s most beautiful anecdotes through fascinating video stories, then the Wednesday gourmet recipes shared by the Chef of the restaurant Le Fangourin, which allow people to rediscover our local flavours. Quite a program!
Visit L’Aventure du Sucre’s website to find out about upcoming events, download recipes and explore our country’s sugar history: