Terra sugars are Halal and Kosher certified
10 Sep 20
Did you know that the sugars produced by the cane cluster of Terra are certified kosher and halal? Here is more information on the criteria met on a daily basis by the group’s teams to meet the requirements of those certifications.
Judaism and Islam perceive a close link between spirituality and what their followers consume. The Torah and the Quran each list a number of impure foods, additives and beverages and provide ritual recommendations for consuming the authorized foods.
In order to comply with these requirements, the sugars produced by Terra have been certified kosher for more than 15 years and halal since 2012. Since then, Terra has been complying with strict specifications for its production.
Thus, different specific procedures have been implemented. Here are some of them:
- A rigorous and systematic cleaning and disinfection program
- A HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) study to identify and minimize the risks of contamination
- The use of equipment for the separation and the detection of foreign bodies (such as magnets or metals)
- Strict collaboration with approved suppliers
- Conducting internal audits to ensure the optimization of established procedures
- The analysis of sugar samples to eradicate any risk of physical, chemical or biological contamination
- Ingredients banned by the standards, such as bio-mineral bone charcoal for clarification, are prohibited.
Furthermore, the group strives to demonstrate through regular audits that sugar is produced under optimal hygienic conditions and with minimal risk of contamination. No ingredients banned by either of these two religions are used.